About the Role
1st Step Solutions are looking for a JIB Approved Electrician in the North West. The company office is based in Manchester, working on Mersey travel projects.
This is a Permanent PAYE position paying £19.41 per hour. All rates will fall under the JIB working rule agreement.
• To problem solve and work independently.
• Diagnose and repair electrical problems in all types of electrical systems, including installation, fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring
• Installation of varied types of electrical installations including but not limited to cabling, containment, lighting & power internal and external within varied commercial, industrial and specialist work environments.
• Knowledge of varied systems which will be integrated into the overall electrical installation incl. switchgear, generators, BMS controls, lighting controls, UPS systems, data installation.
• Install electrical systems to BS7671 18th edition wiring regulations
• To read and understand working drawings and documentation.
• To co-ordinate Electrical services at a site level.
• To follow clear instructions and perform task given by the site team and senior management.
• Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building regs, and follows safety requirements
• Ensure all materials are installed to manufacturers guidelines.
• Work to RAMS provided and have the ability to assess risks and adjust RAMS to suit if required.
• Eliminate risk and identify issues.
• To keep the work area neat and tidy during installation
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction
• Offer guidance where required.
• Strong communication skills.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Other duties as required by the project manager/engineer.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
• JIB Approved Electrician card
• BS 7671:2018 IET Wiring regulations 18th Edition.
• Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve.
• High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
• To be aware of H&S and current legislation.
• Knowledge of latest electrical standards
• Experience within the food and pharmaceutical sector
• Knowledge of all systems such as but not limited to switchgear, generators, BMS controls, lighting controls, UPS systems, data installation.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience
• C&G 2391
• CompEX 01-04
• LV/HV Authorised Person
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV. You will be required to provide recent references confirming similar duties, your Approved ECS Card and proof of your right to work in the UK.