About the Role
1st Step Solutions a looking for an experienced Electrical Supervisors in Hayes.
The Electrical Supervisor is required to manage direct, sub-contractors with the addition of agency labour to support the project as required.
This position is commencing May 2024 on a contact basis.
The role will be a site based role, with critical responsibility for the management and success of the project, including customer relations, health and safety, quality, environmental, programme and the cost/value of operations.
The responsibilities of this Electrical Site Supervisor role include overseeing electrical work and site electricians, scoping work and ordering materials, issuing permits and ensuring electrical safety rules are followed.
• Liaise with colleagues and supervisors on timeframe and labour requirement.
• Write RAMS for jobs.
• Collate site M&E drawings.
• Complete initial electrical site safety report.
• Issue permits when required.
• Oversee electricians or electrical subcontractors, issue commissioning engineers permits and assist with commissioning phase.
• Complete electrical site safety audits and electrical completion paperwork.
• Ensure safe working practices and electrical safety rules are followed by electricians on site.
• Complete red line drawings for as-builts when schemes are completed.
• Ensure electricians’ job sheets are collected.
• Ensure NICEIC certificates are fully completed and issued to Qualified Supervisor for sign- off.
• Ensure all paperwork is completed as required.
• Completed permits and RAMS returned to electrical manager on a weekly basis.
• Ensure Outlook calendar is kept up to date.
• Reporting on a daily basis with site issues or progression.
• Ensure all drawings are procured and issued to site teams for commencement of work.
• Ensure all drawings are red-lined and amended correctly before returning to close out team.
• Provide supervision and monitoring of costs, schedules, safety and direction on all project works.
• Assist teams with resolving matters arising.
• Cover other supervisors, as required.
• Keep up to date with and have an awareness of, new products and new improved working methods that can add value by improving quality and reducing costs.
• Identify corrective actions and implementation of countermeasures to maximise productivity.
• Ensure relevant materials and consumables are identified, sourced and delivered in a timely manner to minimise project disruptions maintaining records and controlling stock.
• Maintain effective health and safety systems, including completion of risk assessments, method statements, toolbox talks, etc.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Understanding of permit systems.
• Experience of scoping jobs and ordering materials.
• Ability to read electrical drawings, panel drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Industrial M&E knowledge.
• Good literacy skills.
• Electrical trade qualifications.
• CSCS/ECS card.
• SSSTS or SMSTS.
• Proactive thinking with an enthusiastic character.
• Well organised and able to meet deadlines.
• Excellent people management skills.