About the Role
Junior / Trainee Electrical Estimator - Commercial, Education, Healthcare, retail - based in Bristol.
One of the region’s oldest and leading M&E Building Services companies, with a portfolio of blue-chip projects for clients across the South West and South Wales region are currently recruiting for a Junior Electrical Estimator to be based from their office in Bristol.
They offer a comprehensive M&E installation service across many sectors including Commercial, Healthcare premises and hospitals including PFIs, University and College projects.
As the Junior / Intermediate Electrical Estimator, you will be assisting preparing electrical estimates of values up to £3 million, but initially be working on smaller projects to develop your estimating skills and knowledge. This will enable you to learn the concepts and procedures of estimating with the scope of progressing your career into an Electrical Estimators role.
The Junior / Intermediate Electrical Estimator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Electrical Estimators to ensure tenders are prepared to a high standard.
- Obtain competitive and accurate quotations from electrical specialists.
- To send out enquiries to suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Liaising with other members of the estimating team and Contracts Managers.
- Learning the process and tender reviews and resolving any issues that have been identified.
- Learning the concepts and procedures of estimating.
- Inputting data into a spreadsheet recording the quotations.
- Liaising with technical representatives on products/plant.
- Sending and receiving enquiries for quotations on projects.
- Carry out estimates using electronic packages.
- Develop working relationships with design consultants, main contractors, and clients to establish communication paths.
Successful applicants will ideally have the following qualifications and experience:
- Hold electrical qualifications.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Confident communicator.
- Keen to learn new skills.
- Have a good grasp of mathematics.
- Be computer literate (MS Office Suite and using a database).
If this role is of interest to you, then give Andy Brooks a call at 1st Step Solutions on 01173 326633 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org