About the Role
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Supervisor to be based in Chesham.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you would be responsible for plumbers/pipefitter and mechanical sub-contractors onsite, delivering a high specification finish, on time and on budget. You will work closely with the site personnel to deliver project finishes to a high standard. Additional responsibilities include overseeing from first fix stage right the way through preparing and managing snagging lists, reporting on sub-contractors as well as maintaining a high level of Health and Safety.
• Supervise, co-ordinate and monitor sub-contractor’s performance.
• Proven track record in successfully delivering projects to a high standard.
• Withstand an intense, high pressure environment delivering projects to strict deadlines.
• Monitor their own progress and the progress of others in accordance with the agreed project schedule and issuing Notifications where required.
• Progress reporting against Safety, Quality, Schedule.
• Maintain a tidy, safe, and efficient site at all times.
• Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors / omissions are formally communicated to the Project Manager.
• Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications building regulations and good building practice.
• Ensure compliance with the company’s quality procedures.
• Attending progress meetings with clients and/or representatives.
• Building Client relationships.
• City and Guilds NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Services or equivalent.
• Enthusiastic personality with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Well organised and have the ability to multitask.
• Ability to work well using initiative, problem solving when required.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment, hard-work, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
• IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.