About the Role
1st Step Solutions are looking for experienced Mechanical Supervisors in Hayes.
The responsibilities of this Mechanical Supervisor role include overseeing mechanical work and site trades, scoping work and ordering materials, issuing permits and ensuring safety rules are followed.
• Liaise with colleagues and supervisors on timeframe and labour requirement.
• You will be required to respond to mechanical issues as they occur.
• Gather information about the mechanical installation and all potential surprises.
• Devise a clear energy monitoring strategy.
• Oversee plumbers/pipefitters or mechanical subcontractors.
• Complete mechanical site safety audits and completion paperwork.
• Ensure safe working practices and mechanical safety rules are followed by plumbers/pipefitters on site.
• Ensure plumbers/pipefitters job sheets are collected.
• Ensure all paperwork is completed as required.
• Ensure Outlook calendar is kept up to date.
• Reporting on a daily basis with site issues or progression.
• Assist teams with resolving matters arising.
• Cover other supervisors, as required.
• Identify corrective actions and implementation of countermeasures to maximise productivity.
• Ensure relevant materials and consumables are identified, sourced and delivered in a timely manner to minimise project disruptions maintaining records and controlling stock.
• Maintain effective health and safety systems, including completion of risk assessments, method statements, toolbox talks.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Good diagnostic skills are essential as well as the ability to design solutions for any remedial works on mechanical systems.
• Good literacy skills.
• City and Guilds NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Services or equivalent.
• CSCS/ECS card.
• SSSTS or SMSTS.
• Proactive thinking with an enthusiastic character.
• Well organised and able to meet deadlines.
• Excellent people management skills.