West End, London
£105 - £127.50 per day
about 1 month ago
Role: Accounts Payable Clerk
Duration: 6 month contract
Hours: 37.5p/w | Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00 | Working from home 2 days a week at managers discretion after settling into the role (2-4weeks)
Rate: £105p/d PAYE + holiday
This role has the responsibility of performing the accounts payable process of the Boklok UK Operating Unit (OU), reporting directly to the company Accountant.
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for providing a professional and timely service in respect to the recognition and payment of our supplier invoices, as well working on other vital ad hoc tasks for the business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Ensure all invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner, including VAT rates and receipts.
* Manage invoice approval process so that suppliers are paid in line with their contracted Terms and Conditions.
* Ensuring budget holders authorise invoices and purchase orders for services/goods.
* Matching approved purchase orders to invoices using our matching system.
* Checking supplier statements to ensure invoices and credit notes are posted.
* Raising various queries that may occur with supplier's invoices, including corresponding with supplies inquiries until dealt with.
* Preparing draft payment runs for review by the Accountant.
* Ensure accounts payable system controls are correctly applied.
* Ensuring remittances are sent to suppliers when required.
* Performing monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
* Maintain accurate records of costs not included within the system for Accountant review.
* Maintain the schedule of subcontractor payments to prepare for monthly CIS submissions.
* Maintaining a register of pro forma invoices and follow up receipt of VAT invoices.
* Ensuring the finance system is kept up to date with supplier contact details.
* Keeping accurate and up to date information in the team database.
* Ad hoc exercises as required.
Experience Skills and Experience:
* Previous experience within the Accounts Payable department is essential.
* Self-starter, organised and with high attention to detail is essential.
* Strong knowledge and ability to pick up accounting and general ledger systems. (Xero - desirable)
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Ability to prioritise workload for yourself and the team to meet business needs.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Competencies and Attributes:
* Attention to detail.
* Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills at all levels.
* Adherence to deadlines.
* Ability to work on own initiative under pressure.
* A motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.