Brooklyn, New York
about 1 year ago
Job Description: Accounts Payable Manager
· Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to chart of accounts to ensure proper entry into CORE
· Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
· Prepares purchase order requisitions.
· Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming vendor invoices with all supporting documentation.
· Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
· Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
· Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
· Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
· Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
· Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
· Prepares company bank account reconciliations and prepares ad hoc accounting analyses, as needed.
· Prepares account analyses for all balance sheet asset accounts
· Analyze WIP and confer with Controller to make any adjustments to subsidiary ledger, such as writing off amounts to COGS
· Reconcile petty cash box on a monthly basis, present accounting entries to Controller in order to replenish the imprest amount.
· Approve/ pay 'paid order commissions' in CORE at month end after commissions have been calculated and paid.
· An Associates or Bachelors' degree in business, preferably in Accounting
· A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience
· Vista experience preferred but not required.
· Prior construction experience
Desired Behavior Attributes and Skills
· Detail oriented, trustworthy, team-player, responsible, good communications skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills -- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
· Ability to multi-task
· Open to change and willing to learn new skills
· Ability to follow up on pending issues
Ability to meet deadlines