£13.17 - £16.49 per hour
2 months ago
Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Start Date: 28/03/2022
End Date: 24/04/2022
Rate | £13.17p/h PAYE + holiday
Working hours | 08:30am - 17:58pm - 36.5hrs per week
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join them on a 1 month contract in Stevenage.
The aim of the Financial Shared Service is to provide a first class service to all Group businesses and support the business with processing, payment and reconciliation of supplier transactions.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will play a key role in ensuring suppliers are paid correctly, in line with contractual terms and provide support to the Accounts Payable Senior and Accounts Payable Manager in the delivery of day-to-day Accounts Payable activities.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist your duties and responsibilities will be:
* Record a high volume (circa 1500 per month) payable invoices using automated invoice data capture technology.
* Analysis and resolution of 3-way match failures and general invoice discrepancies.
* Perform regular supplier statement reconciliations in line with department timetable and resolve supplier queries.
* Process weekly and ad-hoc supplier payments.
* Perform month end sub-ledger account reconciliations.
* Effectively represent the Accounts Payable Department to internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
* Experience of large, integrated financial systems.
* Knowledge of key accounting principles and procedures.
* Proven experience of working in a high volume payables department within a Shared Service environment.
* Working knowledge of three-way and two-way match invoice processes.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge.
* Effective communications skills.
* Diligent, organised and adaptable in a fast moving environment.
* Able to work as part of a team.