South West Recruitment Team
over 1 year ago
Air Conditioning Engineer for install and maintenance
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for an Air Conditioning Engineer for a well-established building services engineering company who have been providing professional, quality and cost-efficient services with 1977. The company specialise in the design, installation, testing and commissioning of plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning in accordance with the relevant codes of practice by out professional, qualified engineers. By partnering with electrical services contractors, they aim to provide a fully co-ordinated facility to the building services industry in the commercial, industrial, leisure, local authority, public, and domestic sectors.
Because of pending retirement, the company now require Air Conditioning Engineer primarily for installation work with an element of services / maintenance.
For the right candidate there could also be an opportunity to grow and strengthen the air conditioning department with a possible view for management positions in time.
Key Features of the HVAC Air Conditioning Engineer Role:
- The role will primarily be the carry out installation work on VRVs and Split Systems.
- To maintain the company image, be polite and courteous to all customers.
- Fulfil all statutory and company requirements regarding Health and Safety and adhere to all customer site requirements.
- Attend training courses when directed.
- Complete all paperwork with the relevant and required information and within the specified timescale.
- Keep the project manager updated with progress and notify them of potential problems.
- Planning workload and ordering materials
- Marking up drawings to reflect the "as installed" works.
- Assist with the mechanical installation works
The basic working hour are a 42.5 hour paid working week Monday to Friday. The hours on site may vary, however they will typically be within the window of 7:00am to 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
Very occasional overnight stays may be required. Travelling time (to and from home) is paid as an addition to the 42.5 hour paid week.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Air Conditioning Engineer to Level 2 NVQ in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Hold a 2079 Safe Handling of Refrigerants Certificate (F-Gas)
- Hold a CSCS card as a lot of our work is site based.
- Have experience working with VRV's and Split Systems.
- Be able to work independently and in a team. Good communication, oral and written skills
- Able to work to a high standard and to timescales as required.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- A string commitment to continuing personal and professional development
- Have excellent organisational skill, be resourceful and solution driven.
- Able to display a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task, prioritising workloads to work to tight deadlines.
- Someone who is highly motivated and possessing a resilience to work under pressure.
- Have a full UK Driver's License.
The Company will offer a competitive hourly rate which is negotiable depending on qualifications and experiences. Company mobile phone. Workplace Pension. Ongoing training for employee development.
Tools and equipment.
Company van with fuel card or agreed mileage rate.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: A competitive salary is offered and will be negotiable depending on qualifications and experience