£22451.53 - £23488.20 per annum
SE Recruitment Team
about 1 month ago
1st Step Solutions have a requirement for an experienced Arborist, based in Essex.
* Carry out tree works safely, effectively and according to specifications.
* Maintain relationships with members of the public.
* Reporting to Leading Arborist and Arboricultural Service Manager.
* Working alongside Landscape Supervisors.
* Climb trees, carry out pruning and dismantling operations utilising safe and effective work methods. Operate a chainsaw from a rope and harness.
* Fell and dismantle trees, clear windblown trees; maintain and operate chainsaws and winches as required.
* Preserve physical structure of trees by bracing and supporting methods.
* Clear brushwood and arisings from tree work operations and process with a chipper as required.
* Plant trees, shrubs or hedging utilising a range of techniques appropriate to the site conditions, size and presentation of plant material.
* Install stakes and support structures, fix ties or other securing devices to planting.
* Whilst working in housing areas carry out work at reasonable convenience and with minimum disturbance to residents. Liaise as required.
* Carry out thinning, coppicing and clear felling works.
* Comply with company's driving and licence vetting arrangements.
* Maintain vehicle log book.
* Carry out driver's safety and mechanical checks before the vehicle is taken on the road.
* Drive the vehicle safely and with consideration to other road users.
* Take responsibility for vehicles or items of plant and be accountable for avoidable damage and wear. Be responsible for the security of the machine whilst at work.
* Be aware of legal requirements and safety regulations in respect of vehicles or items of plant.
* Comply with the company's damage and accident reporting procedures.
* Carry out daily and pre-start checks on all plant and machinery according to manufacturers instructions. Inspect and assess serviceability, take appropriate action as required.
* Carry out daily or weekly maintenance on all plant and machinery according to the manufacturers instructions.
* Operate the machine safely and effectively.
* Ensure safe operating procedures and risk assessment outcomes are followed. Take appropriate action during adverse weather conditions and machinery breakdown.
* Carry out works adjacent to roads, cycle tracks and footpaths using signs, layouts and methods of work as detailed in "Safety at Streetworks and Roadworks".
* Carry out aerial tree rescue operations safely and effectively.
* Contribute to LOLER procedures.
* During periods of sickness and holidays stand-in for line management or other tree gang members.
* Respond to and take appropriate action in emergencies.
* Report hazards and accidents to line management both promptly and accurately.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Good literacy, numeracy, written and verbal communication skills.
* Arboricultural/Forestry experience.
* Knowledge and understanding of health & safety.
* City & Guilds Level 2 - NPTC Tree climbing and aerial Rescue (CS38).
* Have an awareness of Equality and Diversity.
* Have an awareness and understanding of COSHH.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Able to use own initiative.
* Neat and tidy in appearance.
* Holds a valid Full Driving Licence.
* Be physically fit.
* Able to work out in all weathers.
* Tree climbing experience.
* City & Guilds Level 3 - Felling & processing trees over 380mm.
* City & Guilds Level 3 - Severing uprooted or windblown trees using a chain saw.
* City & Guilds Level 3 - Assisted fell operations.
* City & Guilds Level 3 - Cutting of trees with a chainsaw using free-fall techniques.
* Woodchipper Training.
* Driving Licence Categories C + E (LGV + Towing).