Stretford, Greater Manchester
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Senior Architectural Designer to be based in Manchester. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Architectural Design Manager to join a highly reputable name in the cleanroom and food & beverage facility market.
Our client specialise in the design and construction of complex environmental control facilities providing a complete turnkey package to the high technology industries, particularly Pharmaceuticals, Fine Chemicals, Bio Technology, Food, Electronics and Renewables.
* Responsibility for managing the definition of architectural and construction work packages from client concepts through to fully detailed construction design packages. Close coordination with the mechanical and electrical design teams will be required with the architectural role taking lead coordinator role where appropriate.
* Leading and supporting bid proposals and feasibility studies to enable a design and build project to be quantified, costed and presented to deliver the clients brief.
The role will manage the production of estimating construction works, making material selections, creating cost plans and BOMs to support the bid stage of a project.
* The role will manage and develop the fabric and architectural design team with recruitment and training the initial prime focus. This will primarily involve mentoring the architectural design apprentice to successfully qualify into a designer role.
Aims & Objectives:
* To plan resources and people to match current and future pipeline work.
* Develop and build the architectural design team with succession plans to inform the training and development requirements.
* Responsibility for estimating then delivering the budget margins on the design costs.
* Manage and check supporting schedules, calculations and material selections in order to estimate/procure the architectural package.
* To support the construction teams with the necessary drawings and technical information in order for them to progress procurement and site construction activities on time and to the required quality.
* To support with bid proposals and feasibility studies to enable a design and build opportunity to be quantified, costed and proposed to the client.
* This role will make the ultimate checks and signoff for construction design prior to procurement and going live on site.
* Client relationships and work winning with an eye for further opportunity.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Design production of the complete architectural package for facility new builds/refurbishments/reinstatements and fit out.
* To understand and promote the composite panelling system and other high performance clean room fabric systems.
* Design of detailed interfaces for the different cleanroom items to achieve cleanliness and air permeability performance.
* Design of cleanroom panelling with minimum waste and efficient joints and rips. Coordination of wall and ceiling services to the cleanroom with aperture positioning maintaining panel integrity.
* Setting out of labs and pharmaceutical/healthcare production areas to maximise operator workflow efficiency and comply with building regulations.
* Current Good Manufacturing Practice area design including material workflows and accommodation schedule.
* Ensuring building regulations and fire safety requirements are incorporated and complied with.
* Working to the RIBA Stages of design to define design deliverables and signoff at agreed programme milestones.
* To manage and produce architectural drawings and modelling in order to achieve programme and procurement deadlines.
* Prepare and develop drawings and models from blank canvass to brief your team on the design strategy.
* Lead design and coordination meetings at the client's site and prepare meeting minutes for audit.
* Report to the design manager on production progress and deliverables towards a project programme.
* Control resource and costs during pre-construction and whilst on site to ensure budget design costs are maintained.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
* Qualified as an Architectural Designer with a minimum of 5 year's professional working experience within a UK practice.
* Confident leading their team through concept, detailed design, technical design and delivery stages of projects.
* Work and resource planning to match current and pipeline work loads
* A thorough understanding of design issues on clean facilities in order to include necessary solutions in their design.
* Preparation of supporting design calculations.
* Production of procurement schedules with material selections and BOMs.
* Proficiency in IT packages relevant to the role, mainly Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD.
* Experience with cleanroom / modular architectural modelling including details of interfaces and supports.
* Experience within F&B / Pharma sectors.
* You will be highly organised with a keen eye for detail and take a methodical and planned approach.
* Experience of auditing work against a quality management system.
* Demonstrate a good understanding of MEP fundamental principles and disciplines.