James De Looper
5 months ago
The Area General Manager (AGM) is accountable for the leadership, management and development across all aspects of a Data Centre portfolio of accounts. This includes service delivery, QHSE, statutory compliance, people and talent management, operations management and the continual development of the customer base.
- Deliver outstanding client outcomes on accounts. Full responsibility for Profit & Loss including development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
- Provide leadership, and ensure the planned development of a defined portfolio of contracts to ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the portfolio are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender.
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated and implemented within the contract.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both our services and subcontractors activities and are regularly reviewed.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Promoting and maintaining the clients values and to provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning.
- Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and can reach their full future potential.
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence.
- Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, disaster recovery, and the sharing of expertise across the portfolio.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, taking direct responsibility for the appointment of contract managers, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, hosting visits, and support to mobilisation as required on new contracts.
- Working with other Operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective teamworking, and support to colleagues.
- Ensure appropriate contract review, audit and control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment, employee engagement and recognition/reward.
- Supporting effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record within the Data Centre or Facilities Management industry.
- Managerial experience at Contract/Account Manager or above within technical and or hard services is essential.
- Proven experience of business development and strong commercial acumen.
- The development and review of teams, appraisal, and the application of effective people management practice.
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity.
- Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical delivery for client satisfaction.
- Excellent understanding of health & safety legislation.
- Ability to gain trust and support of top-level management and key client decision makers.
- Experienced client relationship manager.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills for effective management of people at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to manage conflict and crisis situations effectively.
- Organised and detail focused with the ability to multi task.