£15.00 - £17.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Role: Assistant Accountant
Location: Winchester | Currently Working from Home 3 days a week
Start Date: 13/06/2022
End Date: 28/05/2023
Hours: 40hrs per week
£15 - £17.00p/h PAYE
Reporting to the Head Accountant the Assistant Accountant will work with the Commercial and Operations Teams, in periodic reporting month end reconciliations, whilst ensuring team deadlines are met.
* Reconcile the external & internal plant, labour, winter, blacktop monthly allocation to jobs compared to actual charges.
* External plant accruals and reconciliation to invoices.
* Input invoices into CPA and the matching of invoices.
* Supplier statements reconciliations.
* Provide cover for other members of the Finance Team as required.
* Daily stock issue in CPA.
* Ensure that the relevant costs can be book to jobs/works orders to enable commercial to apply to clients.
* All invoices paid in line with prompt payment charter.
* Ideally with purchase ledger experience, and good reconciliation skills.
* Knowledge of Excel - intermediate level.
* Strong Financial and Analytical skills.
* Strong IT Skills including proficiency in MS Office. (pivot tables, lookup's, sum if's)
* Knowledge and experience of working in a Highway Maintenance or Construction Industry environment.
* Knowledge and experience of Causeway Project Accounting, Icon.
* Good interpersonal skills across all levels.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales & deadlines.
* Other ad-hoc responsibilities and analysis.