11 days ago
Hybrid working / 2 days on site
Guildford or Croydon
We are looking for an Assistant Buyer to join a Street Lighting team.
To be responsible for:
* Obtaining quotations
* The negotiation and placing of material purchase orders against operational requisitions
* Ensuring best value and high service levels are achieved
* Previously experience within a Buying Department.
* Possess good time management skills and be comfortable working to deadlines.
* Work well within a team, but also be happy working individually.
* Be comfortable using all Microsoft applications and have robust IT literacy.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
* Good administration skills.
* Have good spoken and written communication skills.
* Have good organising skills.
* Have problem solving skills.
* Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail.
* Excellent numeracy skills.