about 2 months ago
1st Step are working alongside a leading Civil Engineering and Highways contractor based in Essex who are looking for a Assistant Estimator to join their established team.
The Assistant Estimator will assist in the preparation of estimates for civil engineering and highway works in accordance with the company estimating systems and procedures, working with other members of the tender teams to secure sufficient work by value and type, in order to meet company objectives.
* Undertake quantity take-offs, both manually and digitally, from tender documents and drawings.
* Produce Bills of Quantities to the appropriate Method of Measurement in either spreadsheet or Estimating Software format for Estimators and subcontract or material enquiries.
* Liaise with the Engineering Team on the design element of design & construct tenders and providing temporary works support for tenders.
* Liaise with Supply chain Team to provide subcontractor and material allowances within tenders.
* Liaise with the procurement department to ensure documentation is complete before enquiries are sent out.
* Maintain and regularly publish agreed rates and prices for labour, plant and materials.
* Produce Cashflow Profiles for all tenders, from estimate data provided by Estimators, for review and presentation at adjudication.
* Assist the bid submission team in the preparation of tender submissions.
* Ensure ownership of bid submissions and issue handover documents following contract award.
* Carry out any other duties as requested by the department head or Estimators in order to assist with securing work for the business.
* Have previous construction experience or currently be in a construction based education.
* Keen to develop skills. (training will be offered if required)
* Be self-motivated and driven to succeed.
* Possess good time management skills and be comfortable working to deadlines.
* Work well within a team, but also be happy working individually.
* Be comfortable using all Microsoft applications and have robust IT literacy.
* Be keen to learn how to be a great communicator.
* Have some experience with estimating software.