£30000 - £50000 per annum + Car
9 days ago
December / January
Project M&E Buyer / Assistant M&E Buyer
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a £300 million M&E Contractor based in the Hertfordshire region who are looking to expand their Buying department over the next few months. They have a number of positions available ranging between Assistant Buyer to Project Buyer level.
The ideal candidate will have a background within Mechanical and Electrical Building Services.
They work across various project types including Commercial, Residential, Mixed Use, Data Centres, Health & Education and more.
Typical duties include:
* Manage M&E sub-contract & material packages
* Good knowledge of products and categories
* Identify & seek key suppliers to deliver project packages
* Carry out aspects of procurement activities
* Identify & select suppliers
* Negotiation, meeting price targets and placing orders
* Scheduling to program & site logistics
* Financial rationalisation of self-delivery versus subcontracting packages
* Liaise with project teams to manage procurement schedule
* Good communication skills, ability to work on own initiative and drive the procurement function
* Ability to hold meetings with bid/commercial and operations teams
* Manage and report on profit and loss
* Good excel skills
* Some knowledge of the subcontract and third-party procurement useful
* Reporting directly to Procurement Manager / Procurement Director
My client will be interviewing suitable candidates over the next 2 weeks so please get in touch to discuss further.