Bronx, New York
US$75000.00 - US$95000.00 per annum + Full Benefits
over 1 year ago
1st Step is partnering with a client who is a leading construction services firm offering a unique combination of construction expertise. Ranked among New York City's Top 100 Contractors and among the nation's Top 400 firms, our client is recognized as an award-winning construction manager involved in both new construction and restoration of residential, cultural, and public sector projects ranging from public housing and new luxury residential high-rises to adaptive re-use of industrial buildings. Our client is also active in the field of health and continued care, marine, and educational facilities. Other areas of construction include commercial offices, retail/hospitality, and transportation.
The Assistant Superintendent is responsible for managing and maintaining contracts, documents and drawings; monitoring production and record rates in logbooks; and managing production documents daily so that an accurate measure of "work in place" is consistently maintained. The Assistant Superintendent must also support the Superintendent in monitoring job progress on site; ensuring compliance with contract documents, the Quality Control Program and Safety protocols; developing and executing on the project plans and schedules; assisting with logistical coordination; and planning and preparing documentation to facilitate the close out process, all at the discretion of the Superintendent.
* Responsible for general contract, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications under direction from the Superintendent.
* Check and verify subcontractor layout to ensure compliance with established control, line and grade.
* Monitor production and record rates in logbook to be used for future scheduling.
* Maintain a set of production documents and update daily so an accurate picture of work in place is consistently maintained.
* Report any and all field conditions and issues to the Superintendent.
* Monitor job progress on-site, checking all work to ensure compliance with contract documents and the Quality Control Program.
* Work with Superintendent to develop and carry out the plan and schedule for project work.
* Plan and prepare documentation to facilitate the close out process at the discretion of the Superintendent.
* Maintain and review the safety requirements for the Project and resolve or report deficiencies to the Superintendent and Safety Manager.
* Work with and coach field engineers on the project to facilitate their skills development.
* Assist in maintaining the Construction Management Plan and logistical co-ordination.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Possess a strong sense of urgency.
* Strong communication skills.
* The ability to become part of a team and embraces the team concept.
* Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
* 3 to 5 years of experience in related construction fields.