Opened in 1979 as a group of people who were passionate about theatre lighting and sound equipment. Three decades on, we are now one of Europe's leading suppliers of stage lighting and sound equipment to the entertainment industry. In addition to an extensive sales portfolio, our services include theatre installations, testing & inspection and maintenance.
This role within our clients business is to provide support to the Commercial Team dealing with the timely review and processing of contract documents as well as financial appraisal & processing, monthly applications, cost value reports and related commercial administration/management support for the Projects and Venue Services departments.
The role holder must be comfortable working under pressure and to immovable monthly deadlines in relation to the information gathering and submission of applications for payment. An acute awareness of the time sensitive nature of issuing contract notices for defaults, delays, late payments etc must be displayed and work tasks co-ordinated accordingly.
It is essential that you can work well within a team-based environment. Communicate regularly & effectively with project staff, customers and specialist subcontractors to ensure suitable commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times. The role holder must be able to deal with conflict in an objective, purposeful and commercially astute fashion in the interests of the business.
To assist the Commercial Director & team in maximising project margin in delivery and add value by proactive involvement in procurement of sub-contractors (where appropriate), cost management and reporting. To carry out requested financial reviews (CVR's) on projects and forecast final out turn values for cost, sales and margin. Maximise value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations within agreed parameters. Timely submission of applications for payment and negotiation of final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontractors as appropriate.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Collate and manage the inflow & processing of new contracts (hard copy etc), recording their arrival, return requirements and creating & maintaining a suitable electronic filing system for all contracts and contract correspondence in line with the business requirements.
* Assist the Commercial Managers and Project Managers with the monitoring of contract correspondence and ensure that relevant information, events and variations are incorporated into daily, weekly, monthly activity as necessary.
* Carry out the preparation of monthly applications for payment, submitting them in accordance with contract requirements and including, where appropriate, internal forecasting of work in progress, forecast of final costs and sales values.
* Manage the receipt, validity checking and processing of payment notices, liaising with Credit Control department as appropriate in respect of anticipated dates for payment, late notifications, and shortfalls which they will need to chase etc.
Assist in the production, value appraisal, submission and negotiation of contract variations in conjunction with the Project Managers and Commercial team.
* Assist the Commercial team in the review of commercial/contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
* Manage the receipt and validity checking of withholding notices, response to withholding notices and other notice related activities such as notifications of relevant events, delay, suspension of the works etc.
* Assist with the preparation of claims from initial concept, outline basis of claim and details to enable incorporation into valuations.
* Assist with the preparation of detailed support of our claim and the defence of claims against us as well as dealing with general correspondence as required.
* Prepare, submit and negotiate project final accounts in conjunction with the Project Managers and Commercial team.
* Assist with the Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
* Assist with the Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
* Assist with ensuring that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
* Maintain the Revenue and Forecasting Spreadsheet(s) for the Installation Projects Dept, and Venue Services (when implemented) in conjunction with the Commercial Director and Commercial Managers.
* Assist in monthly reporting and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
* Supply all relevant information to the Commercial Director and/or Commercial Managers for review at the agreed intervals.
* Assist with Contract Pre-let meetings and other on site meetings as may be required from time to time.
* Assist the Commercial team in the processing of contracts, letters of credit and related documentation for our international installation projects business.
* Respond to all assigned tasks in a timely and effective manner.
* Any other tasks as may be reasonably requested by your line management.