6 days ago
Bid Manager (Highways)
1st Step are working alongside a leading Civil Engineering and Highways contractor based in Essex who are looking for a Bid Manager to join their established team.
This established Infrastructure and Engineering firm have a super opportunity for a commercially minded Bid Manager. This is a high-profile role and will suit someone who has an excellent track record with performing Bid / Proposal management at a senior level (ideally with Highways).
The scope of the role is to develop and implement high quality and effective bid strategies to support the successful bidding of long-term Highway contracts. You will oversee the effective management of the bid process. As a senior member of the team, you will work closely with all members of the team including working with Operational Managers, Commercial Managers, Business Managers and other operational personnel to develop solutions for pre-qualification and tender submissions, and to ensure that they represent maximum benefit to the Client.
- Responsible for the development, preparation and submission of pre-qualifications and tenders. To work with operational staff and other Pre-construction teams in developing solutions aligned to client requirements.
- Accountable for the qualitative aspects of the Operations submission both in terms of timely execution to meet the bid programme and the standard of response to maximise the scoring opportunity within submissions.
- To develop effective bid strategies and solutions aligned to company objectives to support the wider Bid and Proposals team and wider business opportunities where directed. Agree bid strategies with the senior management team and implement them, ensuring that they are clearly communicated to all members of the team and are compliant with the customers' requirements.
- To oversee the bid management and co-ordination team ensuring that effective and relevant inputs and information is provided for bidding that relates to technical support, bid writing, co-ordination and administration.
- Undertake a detailed analysis of bid documents to establish, plan, monitor and review the bid deliverables for each PQQ and Tender submission undertaken.
- Lead the preparation of relevant Tender Commission/Tender Review papers.
- Facilitating strategy meetings, establishing a clear plan and 'story-board' content.