17 days ago
Bid Support Writer
3-6 month contract (possible temp-perm)
1st Step are working alongside a leading Civil Engineering and Highways contractor based in Essex who are looking for a Bid Support Writer to join their established team. To be successful within this role, you must have experience on working on Public Realm Schemes up to £2M.
- Creating and maintaining content for bid responses.
- Working with the Bid Manager and other specialists within the business to create written material for bid responses.
- Incorporating comments received from reviewers.
- Ensuring the writing structure and words used in the bid persuasively convey the offer to the customer.
- Edit for grammar, punctuation, capitalisation, clarity, readability, consistency and persuasiveness.
- Filing and housekeeping as required, in line with the company shared work systems.
- Actioning and updating the clarifications log where actions are assigned to the Bid Writer.
- Supporting bid teams with written material for presentations.
- Knowledge management (bid library).
- Following submission of the bid and feedback from the customer, work with the Bid Manager to update the bid library with new/updated information gathered from the bid process.
- Desktop publishing (preferable).
- Designing, formatting and producing bid templates, documents and related materials.
- Graphic design (preferable).
- Developing customer-focused visual information that highlights the features, benefits and discriminators of our bid.
- Communicating with other members of the bid team to conceptualise and create visual elements to persuade the customer.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience of bid writing on term maintenance projects.
- Able to communicate well at stakeholder and board level.
- Proactive work ethic, self-driven and flexible.
- Relevant education and training.
- Proficient in MS Office and design software.