3 months ago
Bid Writer required on a 2 month contract.
Salary dependent on experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum GCSE English Language Grade C or equivalent (desirable)
- Degree-level education (desirable)
- Prior experience from a bidding environment
- Excellent written English, with attention to detail
- Proven abilities in a professional writing capacity, delivering high-quality narrative to tight deadlines
- Analytical skills: conceptual understanding, ability to articulate bid strategies, identify related win themes, organise and structure information etc
- Microsoft Word proficiency (InDesign skills an advantage)
- Enable bid teams to deliver high-quality draft responses through professional writing and editing support.
- Analyse and understand PQQs and tenders quality scoring criteria and client requirements aa well as the preferences of the target audience.
- Facilitate win themes, storyboarding, answer planning and writing workshops. Write question analysis and response plans.
- Conduct research, interview contributors and gather information from a wide range of sources, writing from scratch or editing material as appropriate.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and bid authors to develop and refine drafts into customer-focussed responses that are clear, well-structured, highly-polished, focus on benefits and capture the reader, while ensuring consistency with house style and alignment with customer terminology.
- Work with graphic designers to produce appropriate graphics that enhance the response.
- Contribute to review meetings and consider review comments from review team to enhance PQQs and quality bid content.
- Ensure completion of narrative meet the required internal and external deadlines at every stage in the bid process.
- Share knowledge and best practice across all OUs. Contribute to post-tender reviews and lessons learnt meetings, as well as sharing debrief information to avoid any mistakes are repeated.