12 months ago
My client is currently looking to add to their Engineering teams which prides itself on the exemplary track record of designing innovative and sustainable built environment solutions, within M&E, Civil and Structural, and many other specialist disciplines.
The team in the London office are a source of market leading expertise - and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented BIM Manager to join the team at the central London office to manage the successful production and delivery of Mechanical and Electrical BIM projects and resource for the London office.
The role will focus on the delivery of multiple medium to large scale projects within a variety of sectors including Mixed Use Developments, High End Residential, Workplace, Education and Aviation.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To manage a team of permanent and contract BIM staff
2. To manage the production and delivery of BIM projects primarily from the London office 3. Build internal relationships and liaise with Associates & Engineers to forecast workload and resource required
4. Attend BIM project meetings for all projects
5. To monitor quality control of drawing and model production (internal & external resources) 6. Attend BIM Startup meetings and produce, read, approve, and comment on project BEP's 7. Keep up to date with all London office jobs, and future job possibilities to allow successful resourcing and timely delivery of projects
8. Actively network with others in the industry to keep up to date with current and best practice 9. Follow Cundall's project management, quality assurance, environmental and health and safety procedures in all work undertaken
Having already been accredited with a relevant HNC/HND (or equivalent), you have gained strong practical experience of using BIM applications within an engineering or construction environment, and possess an excellent understanding of relevant software packages including Revit, Navisworks, Solibri, and Collaboration for Revit (C4R).
You will have a strong understanding of BIM Level 2 standards, LOD, FM requirements, and Asset Information whilst also having proven experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines. You are adept at planning and organising your own workload and that of others within the team, and crucially - have a passion for creative, sustainable and intuitive design.
Given the collaborative nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential. This role is a Project delivery role in a mature existing BIM environment not a strategic BIM Implementation role.