£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
6 months ago
If you are interested in making use of your electrical design knowledge and experience in a varied and people-focussed role on the client side, then read on.
The role is with a company responsible for developing and managing residential stock in central London. Their work is boundary-pushing, highly focussed on low carbon technologies for brand new large heating systems, and as such is challenging and technically interesting.
Working as the client entails a whole range of benefits which consultants will appreciate, not least of which is the fact that you won't be answering to a client yourself! Ask anyone who has moved to the client side (in any industry) and they will tell you what a relief that is! In this role you will be in charge of the contractor, setting the brief and making sure their work is up to scratch. The day-to-day role is highly varied, but broad-brush duties will include:
* Appointing consultants to undertake condition surveys on existing housing stock;
* Assessing and understanding the implications of these surveys;
* Based on the conclusions, producing briefs for design + build contractors to refurbish and improve existing housing;
* Managing the contractors and sub-consultants;
* Advising the development team on MEP design issues;
* Ensuring commercial viability at all stages of the process.
The benefits to your everyday professional life of taking on this role are huge, and include:
* Freedom from the stresses of having to answer to clients;
* Independence - although supported by a mechanical specialist, you will be the sole electrical design specialist in the team;
* The chance to really see your visions in action, as you see buildings you have commissioned come to reality in the greatest city in the world;
* Move away from design work, a much greater focus on management of projects and dealing with people to make the process run smoothly.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please apply in the usual way or contact me on 07814 619 544 for more information