8 months ago
£negotiable based on experience.
1st Step Solutions are currently working on behalf of a client who are looking to add an experienced Buyer to their team in Slough.
Our client are a rapidly growing construction company who specialise in the external envelope sector.
They are expanding their portfolio extensively and are hoping to add an experienced Buyer to assist with the growth in the procurement team.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
* Preparation of price enquiries in order for suppliers to quote us
* Negotiation of prices with suppliers
* Placing orders with suppliers after cross referencing the incoming quotes
* Ensuring that materials ordered are the most cost effective for the business
* Working with the Production Manager to deliver an efficient system for the supply of materials
* Ensuring that projects are managed effectively through the use of interdependent management and cross-functional working where required
* Logistical planning for the 'on-time' delivery of materials
* Liaising with Design and Production teams to fully understand the problems that may be encountered with the project and work to eliminate this risk through effective preparation
* Strive for exceptional standards of delivery
* Ensuring that materials are available for the planned works
* Effective communication with design teams
* Evaluation of personal and team performance as part of the after sales care system PIR - post implementation review.
* Preparation and delivery of feedback and reports to Board members
The following experience is essential:
* Knowledge of Job Tracking systems
* Knowledge of buying software
* IT literate
* Highly self-motivated
* Ability to work to budgets
* Ability to prepare and deliver proposals
* Ability to manage strategically important new projects
* Highly competent with planning and organisation
* Highly competent in analysis and problem solving
If you are interested in this vacancy, please call Kip on 02077607622 or