Greater London, England
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Package
about 1 month ago
A National Facilities organisation are looking for a Buyer to join their Facilities arm in the City of London for a 6-month interim position.
As the buyer you will be responsible for supporting the business by providing sourcing, negotiation, contract implementation services assistance from a strategic perspective. You will work closely with the Lead Buyer in the London office covering both direct and indirect categories as well as support the purchasing function across production.
The Buyer will need to ensure that an exceptional quality of service is provided by the vender and contractor base, but also focus on delivering high value and significant year on year cost reductions across facilities.
Within in this Buyer role will be responsible for identifying and procuring the goods and services that the business requires whilst allocating a number of categories of spend to take responsibility and will be expected to source suppliers, negotiate prices and arrange the purchase and delivery of goods and services.
* Previous procurement experience, both high volume and high value, subcontracted services and consumables
* Strong negotiation and contracts implementation skills
* Solid understanding of how category management contributes to best practice procurement
* Good IT skills including Microsoft Office packages, ERP systems and ideally current purchasing tools.
* Ability to work independently on multiple projects involving multiple sites against tight deadlines
* An extensive aptitude for stakeholder management and influence to ensuring projects fall in line with the organizations values of best practice
* Excellent communication skills and a pro-active, helpful and committed approach.
* Educated to degree level or with equivalent relevant experience
To be considered for this role you will have experience of working within a procurement/supply chain or buying role preferably within a facilities environment and be qualified to Charter Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or a similar.
In order to apply please forward your CV or call Sam on 0207 760 7622 further information.