Manchester, Greater Manchester
16 days ago
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Buyer within their Facilities department within their Manchester office.
Ideally, they are looking for a Facilities Buyer with 2 years' minimum experience within FM with a good knowledge of the industry.
Typical duties include:
- Manage sub-contract & material packages
- Good knowledge of products and categories
- Identify & seek key suppliers to deliver project packages
- Carry out aspects of procurement activities
- Identify & select suppliers
- Negotiation, meeting price targets and placing orders
- Scheduling to program & site logistics
- Financial rationalisation of self-delivery versus subcontracting packages
- Liaise with project teams, planners to manage procurement schedule
- Good communication skills, ability to work on own initiative and drive the procurement function
- Ideally CIPS educated but not a deal breaker
- Ability to hold meetings with bid/commercial and operations teams
- Manage and report on profit and loss
- Good excel skills
- Some knowledge of the subcontract and third-party procurement useful
- Reporting directly to Operations Director / Head of Procurement
Please get in touch if you wish to discuss further.