Erdington, West Midlands
£32000 - £35000 per annum + + car allowance
4 months ago
Our client is seeking an experienced Buyer in Birmingham.
You will be supporting the Procurement Manager and Lead Buyers in executing the client's procurement strategy.
You will have previous procurement experience, strong negotiation skills and progression of or studying towards MCIPS accreditation.
- To ensure sustainable procurement success, in accordance with the strategy as defined by the Head of Procurement and the Procurement Director.
- To work in a team alongside Procurement colleagues to support the implementation of process and initiatives in accordance with procurement and commodity group strategies and that through a category management approach we embed best practice into procurement.
- To manage the procurement of products and services for the relevant regional business by negotiating with suppliers and concluding contracts for materials, goods, subcontractor services and other services to achieve cost and quality objectives.
- To deliver regional framework and rebate/ bonus agreements in collaboration with Buyers, Lead Buyers and other procurement staff in the relevant business.
- To observe and analyse developments of the relevant supply markets to identify and manage risks to the business
- To research and benchmark providers of goods and services to achieve continuous improvement in supply chain management.
- To maintain existing supplier relationships and identify new procurement sources.
- To measure monitor and manage suppliers' performance and implement improvement plans to ensure they achieve agreed delivery and quality performance targets.
- To work with the Procurement Delivery team to manage and analyse procurement-related data in the ERP system (Siclops).
- To support the Head of Procurement and Lead Buyers by providing regular reporting on company expenditure by supplier and defined categories.
- To contribute to process optimisation to unlock potential for improved cost effectiveness.
- To participate in procurement projects and initiatives in the relevant region/ business and across operations in the UK.
- To communicate effectively with commercial and operations teams in the relevant region/Business, to support the bidding process and provide guidance on procurement-related issues.
- To ensure compliance to category management guidelines by consulting Lead Buyers for the relevant commodity groups and operating within the value limits of the Procurement Directive.
- To communicate and exchange information across the entire Procurement community.
- To perform and implement any reasonable duties/action as instructed by the Lead Buyer, Head of Procurement and Procurement Director.