South West Recruitment Team
RP CAD Eng_1624873305
4 months ago
1st Step Solutions (M&E Recruitment Specialists)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national PLC company for the following role.
Required: CAD Engineer
Contract status: Permanent & full time
Following recent success in winning work in the Water sector, an opportunity has arisen for a CAD Engineer to join a national company in their Bristol office.
You will be responsible for building models and producing design outputs under the supervision of the engineering design team. Joining this blue chip company will open a door full of opportunities, the company nurture success and empower colleagues. They develop, potentiality and growth; aspire to be industry leading with a focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
The company's Technical Services team works with clients in the Water and Industry sectors providing front end engineering advice, design, project management and construction management services on a range of process and infrastructure projects across the UK.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Preparation of Flowsheets and Piping & Instrumentation Diagram's using Autodesk software.
- Preparation of 3D models of process plants using Autodesk software.
- Preparation of layouts and General Arrangements from Autodesk 3D models, and in Autocad 2D.
- Preparation of pipe work layouts and 3D models using Autodesk software.
- Preparation of pipe work Isometric drawings and Bills of Material
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and stitch Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software.
- Co-ordinate & liaise with mechanical, electrical, civil designers, sub-contractors & suppliers.
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments.
- Control the flow of design documentation and filing using proprietary document control systems.
The experience they're looking for in a candidate.
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience essential
- Either Autodesk Plant 3D or Revit experience essential
- Experience in a Water industry design role preferred.
- Mechanical Engineering qualification - either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines.
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a "can do" attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required.
- Ability to organise and prioritise.
- Self-motivation and diligence
- A proactive approach
- Good communication skills
What they can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact Ralph Preston in our Bristol office on 01173326633
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.