Chelmsford, Essex, S. E. England, England
about 1 year ago
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting for a School Caretaker in Essex, Chelsmford. We are working with one of our key clients in Chelmsford to find a highly motivated Caretaker to join them for 3 months cover. The Caretaker will be joining a School to assist the Premises Manager with the general upkeep of the grounds and equipment, working safely and efficiently.
Hours: 40 hours per week; Must be available to cover early and late shifts as required on a rotational basis
Rate: £9.90 PAYE | £12.22 Ltd/Umbrella
* Good knowledge of H&S Legislation and some knowledge of COSHH
* Basic computer skills
* Experience of building maintenance and systems
* Experience of working on HVAC equipment
* IOSH Working Safely or CSCS or ECS
* Enhanced DBS required; Should the right candidate not hold their DBS, the client will assist
Key Responsibilities include:
* Monitoring and ensuring the cleanliness of the school premises and furnishings and reporting any deficiencies to the Premises manager and Helpdesk.
* Operating the heating plant so that the required temperatures are maintained in the premises and an adequate supply of hot water is available. Carrying out frost precaution procedures as appropriate.
* To carry out first line repairs and maintenance under the direction of Line Manager.
* Taking delivery of stores, materials and other goods and conveying them to their points of distribution
* Preparing the school premises and site for assemblies, meetings and out of school activities and clearing up after these activities
For the full job description and to apply, please contact the London & South East Trades Team on 0207 846 7622 or send your CV