South West Recruitment Team
Civil Design Eng_1624878191
29 days ago
South West Recruitment Team
1st Step Solutions (M&E Recruitment Specialists)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national PLC company for the following role.
Required: Civil Design Engineers
Contract status: Temporary Contract & full time
Civil Design Engineers required of varying levels of experience to be based in the Bournemouth area. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team headed by a Design Manager, you will be responsible for the production of outline and detailed civil design deliverables on a wide range of AMP7 infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects.
The employer work in partnership and collaboration with customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants. Providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover. Their Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring they are supporting customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience.
They currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Ascertaining Clients' requirements through reference to their specification documents and visiting sites with their nominated personnel. A key requirement is the ability to determine the actual operational requirement and propose appropriate solutions.
- Working alongside the Design Manager and delivery staff to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Promoting innovation and challenge parties involved to ensure cost effectiveness in all design activities.
- Providing outline and detailed civil engineering outputs from inception to completion of schemes, including working alongside site installation / construction personnel
- Coordinating design production between the in house design teams, external design companies, suppliers and subcontractors and where applicable our clients' designers
- Ensuring design work is completed to agreed programmes, financial budgets and KPI's
- Liaising with clients' engineering staff to ensure designs are approved in accordance with required timescales
The experience the employer is looking for in a candidate
- Possess an industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent.
- Be chartered or pursuing chartership with 5+ years' experience within the water industry.
- Possess excellent ICT knowledge and skills.
- Be able to organise yourself and others' workload.
- Be able to think innovatively.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Be adept at working closely with construction staff in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft packages (experience with AutoCAD software would be an advantage)
Ideally candidates will have experience/knowledge of:
- Water and wastewater processes
- Water and wastewater infrastructure
- BIM / PAS 1192
- Water companies and their ways of working
- Civil design of structures including pumping stations, gravity and pressure pipelines, inlet works, settlement tanks, secondary and tertiary treatment structures and associated works
- Preparation of civil general arrangement drawings
- Hydraulic analysis including open channel hydraulic calculations
- Interpretation of ground investigation reports
- Selection and appraisal of suppliers and their design submissions
- Preparation of documentation in accordance with the CDM regulations
- Identification of the temporary works requirements of the permanent works design
- Co-ordination of design at all stages
What the contractor can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact Ralph Preston in our Bristol office on 01173326633
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.