£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
23 days ago
Job Title: Clerk of Works
Reports To: Director
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 (negotiable)
Qualifications: A member of the Institute of Clerk of Works or equivalent
Experience: At least 10 years practical construction related experience in monitoring works on site
Job Purpose: To represent the interests of the client with regards to ensuring that the quality of both materials and workmanship are in accordance with the design information such as specification, drawings and quality standards. To ensure that inspections are performed in a manner that confirms the reported results.
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of an Award-Winning Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy with established offices throughout London. They provide professional services to a wide range of clients across Residential, Commercial & Industrial, Education and Healthcare.
They are seeking an experienced Clerk of Works to come and join the team on a Permanent basis working on a variety of projects ranging from £2M to £100M. The work will involve undertaking regular inspections of construction work to monitor progress, verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and Employers requirements, identifying discrepancies, preparing written reports on weekly intervals and organising snagging inspections with the Client in attendance.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate experience in both New-Build and Refurbishment, predominantly Housing, liaising with Building Contractors and preparing reports for Contract Administrators / Project Managers, will be qualified through MICWCI and capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a group.
* Study the contract drawings and schedules, and information produced by consultants and specialists
* Study the programme for issue of further information
* Study bills of quantities and/or specifications
* Study the Health and Safety Plan for the project
* Study relevant British Standards and Approved Codes of Conduct
* Establish lines of communication with the project Employer's Agent, Quantity Surveyor, architect, the contractor's site supervisory/project manager
* Clarify with the Employer's Agent the standards to be met under the contract
* If requested, advise on materials, construction details, samples etc.
* Assemble and record documents supplied for use on site and clarify how they are expected to be used
* Be able to record findings via report style method
25 Days Annual Leave
Company Pension Plan
Company Healthcare Plan
Cycle to Work Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme
To apply, please contact me on 07976430756 or