5 months ago
1st Step are working alongside a leading Civil Engineering and Highways contractor based in Essex who are looking for a Commercial Manager to join their established team.
In this exciting role you will be responsible for assisting in developing commercial management processes and control measures designed to minimise risk and maximise operational performance of contracts in line with company standards. You will also manage and undertake the personal development reviews of your Commercial Team, including training and performance.
As well as this you will provide Commercial and contractual advice to Operational teams as and when required.
What we need from you
- Good understanding of Highways Maintenance Contracts
- Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management) ideally with corporate membership and qualified to CInstCES or similar.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with various forms of Contracts and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW), in particular Method of Measurement for Highway Works.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing monthly commercial reports.
- Liaising with the client on commercial and contractual matters.
- Managing performance and development of the commercial team.
- Using cost capture, analysis and interpretation to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensuring robust processes, tools and governance arrangements are in place to enable consistent and compliant commercial performance.
- Holding suppliers to account to deliver their scope of service, including forecasting and cost management.
- Supporting the team in final accounting with the client and supply chain partners.
- Challenging the operational teams on their monthly results.
- Supporting the Manager on the development and maintenance of the contract Risk and Opportunity Register.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience of managing high volume highway maintenance projects.
- Proven experience of managing overall commercial performance and the commercial team.
- Consistency in commercial processes, reporting and subcontract management.
- Relevant qualifications (i.e.) Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management.
- Experience of tendering and procurement.
- Proficient in MS Office and the use of similar systems to SAP.
- Hold a full UK Driver's Licence.