Stretford, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Car Allowance
SE Recruitment Team
8 days ago
South East Recruitment Team
1st Step Solutions are currently working with a National Contractor who are looking to recruit a Commissioning Manager to be based in Manchester
* To manage and deliver the successful commission and validation on all projects.
* To provide commissioning expertise to all projects.
* To manage the commissioning processes.
* To provide technical assistance to in house and sub-contract labour.
Aims & Objectives:
* Design review for commission ability.
* Procurement of commissioning supplies and sub-contractors.
* Planning and progress reporting on commissioning activities.
* Managing of the commissioning & testing documentation.
* Oversee the qualification process.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Schematic reviews, to ensure correct components (e.g. valves and dampers) and their associated locations are fully considered.
* Plant and schedule reviews to gain a knowledge of anticipated main plant to be employed.
* Liaise with CAD coordination team to ensure that access to critical components (such as valves and dampers) is considered.
* Maintain an overview of the detailed design to keep up to date with design developments and to advise on commission ability issues arising out of potential design changes.
* Preparation and distribution of full and comprehensive enquiry documentation.
* Detailed scope definition to ensure responsibilities are fully understood and accounted for.
* Carry out Sub-Contractor pre-qualification, where necessary, in line with commercial procedures.
* Carry out analysis of tender returns and recommendation of chosen service provider(s).
* Agree resource requirements with the commissioning sub-contractor (with attention to commissioning management attendance).
* Chair, or attend (as agreed with the Project Manager) a pre-contract meeting with the chosen service provider(s).
* Review monthly valuations against work completed to provide the required approvals for invoice sign off.
* Liaise with QS team or Project Manager, to calculate outstanding work and associated costs.
* Monitor and agree change affecting the commissioning scope of work and help to establish the cost of such works.
* Ensure that the commissioning works associated with specific plant items and / or systems are included within the equipment / system orders and liaise with the individual suppliers to establish the scope of such works.
* Liaise with the project manager regularly to discuss planning and progress.
* Liaise with relevant members of the project team to discuss and agree programme requirements associated with commissioning activities.
* Liaise with Client's representatives, to agree witnessing requirements and note milestones on the programme.
* Agree with the Project team, any phased handover requirements, associated with areas or services.
* Ensure that each element of the commissioning works is competed within the agreed timescales.
* Provide input into short- and long-term programmes.
* Provide input into the preparation of progress reports.
* Report progress of the commissioning aspects of the project to the Client, and to the Project Manager.
* Author project specific Commissioning Plans.
* Agree documentation to be employed with both the Client and the commissioning specialists.
* Set up and chair regular commissioning meetings (frequency as dictated within the Commissioning Plan).
* Regular liaison with commissioning specialists to agree current / future activities.
* Discuss system static completions with the relevant Project Engineers / Project Manager to ensure that all pre-requisites are met to enable commencement of commissioning.
* Liaise with Client representatives to agree controls required where specific activities have the potential to impact on existing operations.
* Liaise with specialist suppliers (e.g. Chillers, Air Handling Units, medical gases, flushing) to ensure their work scope and programme is fully understood and will be sufficiently resourced, in line with the programme.
* Close liaison with Client to ensure that all handover requirements are understood and met.
* Attendance at handover meetings
* Ensure that all necessary handover documentation, including test sheets, commissioning sheets and completion certificates are compiled.
* Check and ensure that suitable and sufficient Operating and Maintenance information has been compiled.
* Ensure that any reservations to handover, associated with ongoing commissioning activities, are captured and planned for completion with detailed communication to the client and the Project Manager.
* Ensure that all relevant drawings are updated with 'as commissioned' information.
* Agree responsibilities with the Project Manager / The Client.
* Review the Validation Master Plan to gain thorough understanding of critical systems.
* Produce plan to indicate certification and documentation requirements for each system.
* Agree GMP training requirements for documentation signatories.
* Agree commissioning test sheet templates to feed into the qualification process.
* Ensure commissioning tasks are completed to the correct standards and in a timely manner to allow handover to the qualification team.
* Attend Qualification meetings.
* Ensure timely completion and submission of qualification critical documentation (including URS responses, material certification)
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
The successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC/D level or have suitable experience in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering and will possess:
* Experience within the food and pharmaceutical environment.
* Minimum CSA Grade- 5 (would consider grade 4 if evidence can be shown working towards a grade 5)
* CSCS Card.
* Experienced in managing the commissioning phase of turnkey projects including HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
* Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
* Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures.
* IT literate and conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Project.
* Fully conversant with CDM regulations and able to operate at senior level in fulfilling the role of principal contractor.
* Customer focussed and able to communicate at the highest level within client organisations.
* Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve.
* High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
* Over 5 years' experience as a commissioning manager role.
* IT literate.
* Minimum HNC qualified in Building Services or Building Studies.