about 2 months ago
1st Step Solutions are seeking to recruit an experienced Construction Project Manager in Berkshire on a 12 month data centre project.
Effectively and professionally oversee and control the day to day management of projects including to make a profit by delivering within budget and programme to exceed the satisfaction of the client, and associated directors.
* Provide project management support in relation to the ongoing construction programme, including the management of all work areas.
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans where appropriate.
* Monitor and manage the construction programme on site. This will involve
liaising with operational staff and managing and resolving operational issues on site.
* Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures.
* Research and recommend solutions to design document problems including conflicts,
interferences and errors/omissions.
* Participate in the continuous updating and accurate accumulation of documents, assist with the research and preparation of site requests and changes to resolve design issues.
* Ensure daily records of all site activities, including information on labour and plant, and any non-compliant materials or workmanship.
* Manage sub-contractor queries, negotiations and payments.
* Agreeing the timescales, costs and resources required within the construction team.
* Collaborate with architects, engineers, project consultants etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
* Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
* Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
* Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
* Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
* Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
* Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
* Evaluate progress according to contracted programme and prepare detailed reports.
* Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
* Strong professional background, formal relevant C&G or equivalent qualification
* PC literate
* Articulate; an effective communicator, attention to detail
* Minimum 3 years project management experience
* Proven experience in managing staff as well as vendor relationships
* Pro-active approach, use of initiative, remain calm under pressure
* Ability to manage multiple projects
* Team player