New York, USA
6 months ago
New York, NY
1st Step is partnering with one of New York City's Top 100 Contractors & nation's Top 400 firms. Our client is recognized as an award-winning construction manager involved in both new construction and restoration of residential, cultural, and public sector projects ranging from public housing and new luxury residential high-rises to adaptive re-use of industrial buildings. They are also active in the field of health and continued care, marine, and educational facilities. Other areas of construction include commercial offices, retail/hospitality, and transportation.
Our client is seeking an Estimator to join their team
The Estimator is responsible for developing cost estimates on projects under direct supervision for construction as required by clients' documents.
* Review construction design drawings & specifications gathers all material and data
necessary to determine scope of work and organize a construction
* Quantity take off. - Creates and Executes detailed quantity take-offs based on project
* Obtains pricing for materials.
* Obtains bids from subcontractors
* Prepares cost analysis by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and
overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
* Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
* Informs the immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted
items or computer database.
* Develops and maintains resource information for estimating database on current pricing,
products, vendors subcontractors, government requirements, etc. through direct contact. *
* Prepares and organize material takeoffs for transition to Chief Estimator.
* Develops the scope of work for sub-contractors.
* Ability to properly manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to consistently meet bid deadlines
* Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent
combination of technical training and experience.
* At least 5 years' experience in Construction Estimating with a proven track record of
accuracy, and efficiency Requirements
* MUST HAVE GROUND UP NYC EXPERIENCE
* Strong understanding of the NYC Construction and Design environment
* Ability to work within a team structure, as well as independently
* Ability to work within tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment *
* Strong business technology (Microsoft Office and Estimating) skills
* Availability to work extended hours as required by project schedules or urgent