City of London, London
about 1 year ago
We are currently interested in speaking to experienced Construction Manager for projects based in London and the South. As part of our clients continuous improvement strategy they are seeking a Construction Manager to help strengthen their build and fabric capability.
Role and Responsibilities:
* To ensure that construction productivity, through resources, plant and materials, is managed to achieve profitable returns against expected targets and quality services to our customers. Commercial acumen is essential coupled with the ability to estimate and quantify works.
* The role will be very client focused, which time spent with the clients and on site. Whilst not a working winning function, the role will play a crucial part in ensuring that we become the partner of choice for its clients.
* There is a requirement for the successful candidate to develop our supply chain and bring in their own trusted and reliable delivery partners which will remove the cost on cost pricing element and give us a true competitive edge within the current market place.
* The individual must have demonstrable experience in the market sector, demonstrate strong people management skills, and a track record of delivering projects. A track record of resolving technical, operational and contractual issues and /or disputes.
* Operational business knowledge, show ability to develop and monitor strategies to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of projects.
* To manage the successful completion of the project/area under control in line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints including Health & Safety, Environmental Policy, Quality Assurance and Purchasing
* To maintain positive relationships with the project customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability
* To ensure works are carried out to high standard complying with relevant British Standards and codes of practice
* To ensure design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements
* To manage and set firm financial targets to meet established objectives, which will include the reporting of financial status to Senior Management
* To provide tendering facilities for extra project works to suit client requirements.
* To lead, motivate and develop site based team/s
* To manage and control site based teams to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
* To develop customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
* To gain new opportunities through existing and customer base i.e. additional core contracts, extra works, total facilities opportunities
* To provide technical support to the customer and site based teams utilising central departments, specialist suppliers and sub-contractors
* To provide support and training as required to enhance the effectiveness of the business unit and business as a whole
* Other duties as required by Management.
* Carry out staff appraisals for managers who are direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
Technical or Operational:
* A track record of successful delivery of projects
* A track record of resolving technical, operational and contractual issues and / or disputes
* A variety of construction operations
* Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; incl. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project
* Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
* Management of multiple projects being carried out in parallel
* Efficient use of all staff and resources
* Applicants should also be able to demonstrate a proven accounts and financial management track record.
* Reading and accurately interpreting contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications
* Ensuring project team(s) understanding of drawings and technical specifications
* Understanding and appropriately using and sharing build programmes
* Managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants
* Playing a leading role which positively contributes to the project team(s)
* Proactively liaising with customers and the supply chain
* Proven track record of role
* Proven track record of managing key Information Management Systems, Project & Report Trackers
* Good knowledge of Quality Assurance,
* Proven record of excellent client facing skills
* Ability to provide effective management skills to site based team/s.
* Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
* Possess clear and confident written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications and Memberships:
* Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4)
* Relevant degree
* Appropriate CSCS card, SMSTS certificate, valid driving licence, MCIOB/MRICS or equivalent professional qualification
* The candidate must achieve minimum of CRB or Disclosure Scotland Basic Clearance
This is a key role which will have a significantly positive impact on overall bidding and delivery performance for 2020 and beyond.