£45000 - £50000 per annum
South West Recruitment Team
about 1 month ago
Temp to Perm
Construction Site Manager with a civils background in the water industry based in and around Portsmouth
- Preparation of all relevant documentation prior to the commencement of the installation phase of contracts, including but not limited to:
- Site Management Plans
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements for activities being undertaken by directly employed resources
- Reviewing and approval of subcontractors site documentation including but not limited to:
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Installation programmes
- Test and Inspection documentation
- Management and control of all site activities ensuring that all work is undertaken in a safe and timely manner in accordance with all Safety, Health and Environmental legislation, all relevant contractual timescales and all relevant contract specifications.
- Liaison with the client's engineering and operational staff to ensure all KPI's are met or exceeded.
- To work alongside the Contract Engineer and Planner to regularly review the progress of the works ensuring that adherence to the contract programme dates are maintained. This will include the preparation and maintenance of fortnightly look ahead programmes.
- To ensure all required site documentation is completed, including but not limited to:
- Daily diary sheets
- Daily allocation sheets
- Records of delays and changes, including the financial implications
- All relevant Safety, Health and Environmental documentation
- Records in respect of Subcontractor progress and performance
- To undertake Site Inductions and regular Tool Box Talks for all resources visiting and working on the site.
- Ensure that site costs are monitored and controlled.
- Preparation of progress reports as required.
- Attendance at site visits / meetings.
- Coordination and liaison with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installation and construction teams.
- Preparation of material & plant requisitions
What you will require
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, A relevant CSCS card and First Aid training)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a "can do" attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required