Los Angeles, California
US$90000.00 - US$120000.00 per annum + Full Benefits
4 months ago
Los Angeles, CA
While our client is better known as a building construction company for larger projects, such as airport construction, convention centers, hotels, sports facilities and office towers, the organization also excels at smaller unique projects, such as building renovations, restorations, and repairs. Our clients' growth has created an immediate need for a Construction Superintendent in Los Angeles, CA.
* Create, maintain and execute the project plan and schedule and ensures compliance with
* Supervise and coordinate all construction activities.
* Supervise, direct, coach and train Assistant Superintendents, Coordinators, Field
Engineers, Surveyors, Students, Hourly Foreman and Hourly staff assigned to project.
* Create site specific plans and procedures; ensures the implementation of clients Safety
Program to create a safe work environment throughout the job site; adhere to the safety
and record keeping requirements; integrate clients Safety Program in all site-specific plans
and procedures to ensure a safe work environment; adhere to all safety and record
* Ensure project materials and workmanship meets the project
* Quality Standards and Design requirements.
* Obtain necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial
authorities and owners.
* Advises senior management of potential problems, work interference or schedule
difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts; anticipate and resolve
project issues and schedule difficulties.
* Maintain the project's Daily Job Diary
* 2-year college diploma and/or apprenticeship in related trades
* 3 - 4 years of construction related experience.
* In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations specifically
construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and Outlook and
internal operational systems.
* Ability to lead and assess trade performance on the job.
* Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges.
* Ability to visualize the entire project and anticipate construct-ability issues and embed
solutions in the construction plans and schedules.
* Can visualize and create the project schedule's critical path.
* Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency.
* Ability to manage others and many facets of the construction project and assume
* Understands when to seek out professional advice.
Our client offers a very competitive salary that will be based off experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment.