£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
James De Looper
over 1 year ago
City of London £50,000 - £60,000
An excellent opportunity to work for an industry leading Service Provider, on a fast-paced London based contract, leading a team of 4 office-based staff including administrators and contract support manager and 12 site engineers
You will be an experienced Contract Manager in FM and Maintenance with the ability to work with a variety of staff on a day to day basis in a fast-paced environment. This role is suited to someone can maintain a very high standard of leadership and communication with both internal staff and external clients.
The role requires someone to take responsibility of all compliance and that PPM task are carried out in a safe environment with all company processes and procedure being followed.
You will have experience in the following;
* Provide leadership across all staff and ensure that commitments are met and exceeded.
* Manage all maintenance engineers on the contract as well as the delegation of work to contract support and administrator.
* Manage workload across the engineers and conduct thorough reports to ensure all tasks have been completed to acceptable levels and in a timely manner.
* Management of client relationship daily.
* To be responsible for both strategic and operational management of hard and soft FM services
* Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget and reporting back to AGM
* Adhering to all company Health and Safety and ensuring these procedures are being conducted by all staff
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and clients.
* Responsible for all permit distribution on site
* Plan and implement building shutdowns and complex client project works.
* Recruitment of any new staff required on site.
* Management of all reports.
* Responsible for the permit system.
* Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated and implemented within the contract.
* Have experience working in a critical environment
* Strong technical knowledge in engineering
* Previous experience of managing large engineering teams.
* Qualification in an engineering capacity (City and Guilds, HNC, HND)
* Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and statutory compliance, ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
* Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.