West Midlands, England
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Contracts Manager - West Midlands
Salary - £45,000 - £55,000 (negotiable)
My client is currently seeking a Contracts Manager with strong knowledge in aluminium windows and curtain walling projects for large construction projects.
This company has been established for over 40 years ago supplying and installing aluminium windows and doors, as well as PVC-U products and curtain walling for large construction companies. They provide all glazing requirements for the construction industry and work UK wide.
As a Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the running of a few contracts at any one time, from the receipt of the order through to the handover and completion.
The Contracts Manager will have strong knowledge in:
* Curtain Walling - Stick or unitized curtain walling
* Windows and Doors
* Louvres, Fins
* Revolving Doors
* Architectural glazing systems
* Ensuring all projects are delivered against budget and timescale.
* Leading and managing Project teams on the projects under your control.
* Reporting to Directors on progress / programme / and cost control on allocated projects.
* Overseeing design and attending design meetings, as necessary.
* Procurement of sub-contract packages up to specified value in conjunction with QS.
* Assisting the Production Department in dealing with suppliers, as necessary.
* Ensuring close coordination and communication with Main Contractor/Architect/Client Subcontractor.
* Experience with Schuco products is advantageous.
* To ensure all site related Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and issued.
* Manage own workload and areas of responsibility.
* Agreeing monthly fixing sub contractors' applications; ensuring correct documentation is in
HNC/HND/Degree in Construction Management.
NVQ Level 6 Construction Contracting Operations would be an advantage.
Current SMSTS/CSCS essential.
Façade experience including curtain walling and windows and doors.
Strong client interface.
Highly presentable with the ability to gain trust and respect.
High degree of initiative.
High level of leadership and management skills.
Technical experience and knowledge.
Commercial and financial awareness.
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Problem solving skills.
Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Building Envelope experience.
For more information, please contact Nana on 0207 760 7622 or