Up to £25.00 per hour
6 months ago
1st Step Solutions are working with a client who are looking to add a Cost Engineer to their current team to act as a point of contact for several Cost Engineering (and where applicable Project Accounting) activities and be a key contributor to improving processes, procedures and tools utilised by the function.
The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the Cost, Commercial & Project team to ensure the accurate reporting & interrogation of costs on the project whilst reporting to the Cost Engineering Lead.
· Assisting with the monthly production of Contract Leader Report's (CLR) reporting on profit, loss, project performance and health of the project.
· Engaging with key Project Stakeholders.
· Assisting with maintaining Cost Control and Forecasting responsibilities on the project under a Defined Cost contract mechanism.
· Ensuring the basis of Estimates at Completion (EAC) is predicted using industry recognised approaches, including but not limited to, the latest cost resourced schedule to ensure accurate, reliable, and consistent forecasting.
· Interrogation and reporting of client & CMO costs on a weekly/monthly basis.
· Man-hour reporting.
· Assisting with Producing Application for payments to the Client.
· Providing an integrated, timely and reliable Cost Reporting service to both internal and external stakeholders.
· Change management.
· Deputise for Cost Engineering Lead as & when required.
· Ideally, has a recognised Project Controls/Commercial qualification or is a part qualified accountant or solid experience in Project Controls/Cost Engineering/QS disciplines.
· Strong communications skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels, particularly with Client Representatives.
· Significant commercial awareness with specific knowledge of NEC4.
· Able to demonstrate expertise of Excel and should have had exposure to various bespoke cost management software systems (ideally E1).
· Experience with Business Intelligence Software (such as Power BI) preferred but not essential.
· Can work to tight timescales and works well under pressure.
Job Title | Cost Engineer
Location | Leicester
Duration | 4 Weeks
Start Date | ASAP
Rate | £25 p/h PAYE + holiday
Basic Hours | 40hrs p/w
Working Days: Monday - Friday, 08:00 to 17:00