South West Recruitment Team
RP Design Mgr_1624875454
7 months ago
1st Step Solutions (M&E Recruitment Specialists)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national PLC company for the following role.
Required: Design Manager
Contract status: Permanent & full time
Following recent success in winning work in the Water sector, an opportunity has arisen for a Design Manager to join a Technical Services team. You will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary engineering design team, identifying and promoting solutions at the definition stage of Water sector projects. You will lead the team in the investigation and assessment of current asset performance, definition of surveys and inspections, identification of solution options, production of feasibility reports and outline designs, and support to clients through their investment process.
The employer's Technical Services team works with clients in the Water and Industry sectors providing front end engineering advice, design, project management and construction management services on a range of process and infrastructure projects across the UK.
What you'll be doing day to day:
- Leading the delivery of feasibility and outline design engineering services at the early stages of a project's lifecycle as part of water companies' capital investment programmes.
- Working alongside the Head of Technical Services to ensure scheme designs and outputs are value engineered, address client needs, adhere to specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Ascertaining Clients requirements through reference to their specification documents or through meetings with their nominated personnel. A key requirement is the ability to determine the actual client requirement and propose appropriate solutions.
- Overseeing the production of project outputs such as reports, drawings, specifications, data sheets, technical notes and presentations to feed into the relevant project review gateways as part of the capital delivery process.
- Managing active projects, including internal financial reporting and planning as well as client facing project reporting on progress, costs and programme.
- Promoting innovation, challenging our clients and the supply chain to ensure cost effectiveness in both our design solutions and design activities.
- Managing, mentoring and developing direct reports in conjunction with the Head of Technical Services
- Ensuring all work is completed to agreed programmes, financial budgets and KPI's.
- Liaising with client's engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved in accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract.
- Attending internal and external design reviews and where applicable progress meetings.
What the employer is looking for in a candidate
- Industry applicable degree.
- Chartered Engineer (preferred).
- Experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment processes essential.
- Experience of design management.
- Commercial and contractual awareness.
- Excellent ICT knowledge and skills.
- Experienced manager with proven ability to organise yourself and others workload.
Attributes the candidate will ideally have:
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture.
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required.
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels.
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service.
- Be an excellent communicator at all levels both internally and client facing.
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business.
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines.
- Innovative thinking
What the employer can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact Ralph Preston in our Bristol office on 01173326633
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.