£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
3 months ago
If you have extensive design experience within an M&E consultancy context, but are interested in a change of scene, removed from detailed design and more management- and delivery-focussed, then this opportunity will be of interest.
A lot of people get to the point of their design careers where they decide the next stage is to "cross over" from consultancy to a contractor.
This company is a 20,000 strong international construction group, very well-known and respected, with global reach and a major presence in the UK market. The M&E design and build arm is looking to add a design expert to their team on the back of major projects won. Someone who has experience in the consultancy world and has built up a detailed technical expertise in design, and who also has the skills and characteristics to be a quality design manager - good project management; quick-thinking; problem-solver; good with people; organised.
The role will be broad and varied and depend on the project, but in brief a few of the day to day responsibilities are likely to include:
* Taking ultimately responsible for delivery of designs - to start with you will be the only design expert in the office;
* Appointing design consultants, liaising with them throughout the process and controlling the flow of information;
* Reviewing design information at tender stage and identifying gaps;
* Reviewing and monitoring the designs before and throughout the process to hit brief and budget;
* Monitoring delivery of the design through constant communication and occasional site inspections;
* Arranging and leading design team / client engagement meetings;
* In the mid- to long-term, building up a design team through recruitment
If you are interested in being considered, please apply for the role or contact me on 07814 619 544 for more information