South West Recruitment Team
Design Team Lead_1624887137
4 months ago
1st Step Solutions (M&E Recruitment Specialists)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national PLC company for the following role.
Required: Design Team Lead
Contract status: Permanent & full time
Reporting to the Regional Design Manager, the Design Team Lead will be responsible for the production and management of Design Deliverables on combined Process / Mechanical / Electrical schemes, predominately in the water industry and providing an overall design package to the Project Manager.
The employer work in partnership and collaboration with customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants. Providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover. Their Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring they are supporting customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. They currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel. A key requirement is the ability to determine the actual operational requirement and propose appropriate solutions.
- Working alongside the Design Manager and where applicable the Project Manager to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- To provide outline and detailed engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel.
- To lead and promote innovation, challenging our clients, design partners and the supply chain to ensure cost effectiveness in both our design solutions and design activities
- To manage, mentor and develop the Design Engineers in conjunction with the Regional Design Manager, who has responsibility to closely coordinate design production between the in house design teams, external design companies, our supply chain and where applicable our client designers.
- To prepare design budgets and programmes for all design activities
- To ensure all design work is completed to agreed programmes, financial budgets and KPI's.
- To prepare and review detailed calculations to prove proposed design where applicable
- Liaison with client's engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved In accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract.
- Attend internal and external design reviews and where applicable progress meetings.
The experience the employer are looking for in a candidate
- Water & waster water processes
- BIM/PAS 1192
- Water companies and their ways of working
- Experience with AMTECH
- Generation of control philosophies, URS and FDS documents (where applicable) to client briefs and specifications
- Use of proprietary software to generate lighting design
- Selection and appraisal of suppliers and their design submissions
- Preparation of documentation in accordance with the CDM regulations
- Co-ordination of design at all stages
- Possess an industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Chartered or pursuing chartership with 5+ years' experience within the water industry
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft packages (experience with AutoCAD software would be an advantage)
What the employer can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact Ralph Preston in our Bristol office on 01173326633
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.