4 months ago
Slough (Travel to London as & when)
PAYE payment method
1st Step Solutions have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Document Controller in Slough.
We are looking for selective candidates that have recent experience using EDM software. You must be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills in addition to good customer focus.
Ideally you would have experience in working with an M&E Contractor.
- Prepare and maintain the project drawing production schedule.
- Issue drawings as directed and maintain a log of all drawings issued.
- Receive / distribute drawings as directed and maintain a log of all drawings received.
- Arrange for drawings to be printed as from external providers or in house as required for Engineers and QA requirements.
- Maintain drawing stick files up dating and superseding as required.
- Prepare and maintain A3 folders for use by site personnel (as required).
- Acquisition and collation of documentation for technical submissions as directed by the engineering team.
- Issuing technical submissions as directed.
- Receiving and distributing technical submission returns as directed and maintaining a log of technical submission status.
- From time to time progress with suppliers / manufacturers in the production of technical submission literature.
- Issuing requests for information as directed.
- Receiving and distributing requests for information returns as directed and maintaining a log of requests for information status.
- Issue sample and bench marking documentation as directed.
- Receive and circulate returns and maintain logs of status.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems according to the company procedures.
- Ensuring an appropriate and logical numbering convention is used for all project documents.
- Binding documents into a single file (reducing the size if necessary) to create a single manageable document for issue to the client.
- Monitoring of all issue logs and the progressing of all items in delay.
- Use web based systems to issue and receive all electronic media and providing status reports from those system.
- Prepare and maintain a project directory and ensure that manufacturers?, suppliers, project team companies addresses and telephone numbers are kept up-to-date.
- Assisting with the production of regular progress reports for approval by the projects engineer.
- Archiving documentation at project completion.