15 days ago
Due to continued growth, our client has an exciting opportunity for a Document Controller to join their business on a permanent basis.
We are looking for candidates that are keen to develop their career within a growing organisation, who are bright, enthusiastic and are looking for a challenge.
You must have a background of working with a Main Contractor with a minimum of 2 years experience of dealing with Document Control at full capacity.
- Comprehensive understanding of document share programs and processes.
- Knowledge of drawings and revision control.
- Experience in Aconex.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with validation systems and understanding of ISO 9001 and BS1192 would be useful.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Undertake all matters of document control for the construction and client teams.
- Assist project members and other users with regards to document control services.
- Co-ordinate Design Managers to ensure documents are reviewed on time.
- Comply with documented project protocols, including Information Management Manual.
- Prepare document transmittals on EMDS or other data management systems.
- Input/manage incoming documents on data management systems.
- Maintain data management systems ensuring accurate records of the project documents.
- Arrange printing via on-site printing company or photocopying where necessary.
- Assistance with searches for documentation where not easily accessible.
- Co-ordinating the induction and training of new users on document management systems.
- Ensure master files are maintained accurately and secured.
- File documents including drawings, reports, superseded documents and other correspondence, as required.
- Timely issue of documents to project internal and external team, including sub-contractors.
- Produce monthly/weekly reports/statements on document control status, including overdue reports, outstanding RFI's, overdue workflows, Status C and QA rejected reports for external and internal parties.
- Maintaining sample room and ensuring samples are organised and register kept.
- Follow up with third parties such as trades or consultants for Drawings and Report submissions.
- Any additional ad hoc duties as requested by line manager.