South West London, London
3 months ago
Our client requires a Document Controller for a 12 month contract in SW London.
You must have working knowledge of BIW/Conject and be able to hit the ground running on site.
Document Control duties:
- Maintain an accurate record of all drawings and project documents throughout the lifecycle using drawing and document trackers.
- Review, process and distribute drawings and documents using the project specific EDM system to create an accurate and comprehensive audit trail from both the project team and subcontractors.
- Ensure all drawing and document status changes and project notifications are logged and distributed
- Ensure that all drawings and documents are compliant with the project specific numbering protocol.
- Responsible for the trail of project documentation to be available to the team on the project drive.
- Maintain updated hard copy of drawings and documents for master file of all current revisions.
- Raise and return RFI's on behalf of the project team
- Run a weekly status report for the PM on drawing and document status i.e. Status A, B, C and QA rejected.
- Follow up on overdue drawings and documents on EMDS awaiting approval / pending status
- Gathering and collating information from site team and sub-contractors for monthly progress reports for progress meeting
- Project Administration:
- Arrange site passes / Inductions with main contractor team
- General filing to keep the site files up to date
- Printing, scanning and laminating
- Daily allocations / time sheets
- Ordering PPE for site team
- Ensuring the office maintains health & safety standards
- Ordering of stationary and other consumables
- General admin
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies required:
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Offices packages
- The ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines
- The ability to think ahead, plan and prioritise one's own workload
- Able to work as a part of a team and also on own initiative
- The ability to build good working relationships with internal/external staff
- Have high attention to detail