£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
3 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for an experienced Electrical Commissioning Technician to be based in London to cover multiple ongoing projects mainly across London and South East of England.
Our client is a widely recognised and well respected mechanical and electrical engineering contractor who have been around since the early 1940s and have gone from strength to strength. They are currently working with excellent clients across various sectors such as Datacentres, Commercial, Luxury residential, leisure, retail, education and Healthcare working on multi-million-pound new build and refurbishment projects. The next few years is planning to be an exciting time to join this forward-thinking business and the Electrical Commissioning Technician will be site-based working on a wide variety of projects across London.
* Manage, co-ordinate and plan commissioning activities, problem solving, implement plant safety measures and plant documentation
* Fault finding and testing on a wide range of electrical installations, electrical plant and relevant building services plant both mechanical and electrical
* Perform project work within defined standards, guidelines and client specifications
* Review all electrical installations, power and lighting for commissioning and handover
* Review and approve commissioning dossiers, QA/QC protocols and QA/QC reports
* Ensure all commissioning and validation documentation is completed in accordance with Project standards
* Overseeing close out documentation
* Issuing weekly Commissioning reports
* Managing the Commissioning process with the client and site teams
* Compile Test record information and provide OM Manuals
* Liaise with client regarding witness testing and produce fortnightly and monthly commissioning plans.
* HND / HNC or City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering
* Proficient in MS Applications, with excellent I.T. skills with MS Office, excel a must.
* Ability to problem solve and work with colleagues from other engineering disciplines
* Good communication skills and team-working capabilities
* Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change
* Previous experience working in the Commercial, Data Centre, Residential, Leisure, Education or health care environment.
* Minimum of 10 year's experience in a site commissioning engineering role preferably with experience in LV, MV, Electrical power and lighting
* Holds an SMSTS OR SSSTS.
* Ability to meet & exceed targets
Electrical Commissioning Technicians with stable work backgrounds with good access to London and with experience of commissioning and handover on a variety of projects are encouraged to apply for this role. Electrical Commissioning Technicians with the experience of working with reputable Mechanical and Electrical Contractors are encouraged to apply for this role and the client is paying salaries in the £50,000 - £60,000 region with a fantastic benefits package
If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Electrical Commissioning Technicians, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622