New York, USA
US$80000.00 - US$120000.00 per annum + Full Benefits
6 months ago
Electrical Design Engineer
New York, NY
Direct Placement Full Time
1st Step is currently working with one of the leading MEP consulting engineering firms in New York.
Our client has a diverse portfolio including experience in the Education, Health Care, Hospitality, Commercial, Retail, and Residential sectors.
* Electrical engineering and design, including load calculations, metering and distribution design, equipment selection, power and lighting layout and design.
* Low voltage design. Fire alarm, Tel/Data/CATV wiring and CCTV systems.
* Attend regular project meetings with project team.
* Communicate with internal and external design teams.
* Respond to RFI's from Contractor and Architects.
* Review of all Shop Drawings
* Assign and monitor junior engineers' and cad operators' tasks and responsibilities.
* Coordinate with project management and other disciplines for scheduling and design.
* Coordinate with Technical/Resource Leaders for staff assignment and technical accuracy
of the project.
* Review checklists comment sheets to ensure completeness.
* Review and use Design Guidelines
* Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering preferred
* 5 years relevant experience in Electrical design and engineering
Proficiency in 2004 version or later of Auto-CAD
* General computer proficiency and specifically in design and calculation software; MS
Excel; MS Word.