9 days ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for an Electrical Project Manager to be based in the North West London area. Our client is one of the UK's top Mechanical and Electrical Contractors who have been trading for around 60 years and have had a rapid growth since early streamlining their business operations to concentrate on the mission critical, Data Centre, Commercial and financial sectors. They have a stable and long serving workforce and have already made several internal promotions this year, which has resulted in a need to find an Electrical Project Manager to replace an individual who has recently been promoted.
The successful Electrical Project Manager will be an experienced and technical minded Project Manager who has a solid and stable engineering career history and has worked for reputable contractors starting and completing projects. Electrical Project Manager with experience of a wide range of projects will be seriously considered for this role. They are keen to see Electrical Project Managers who have a track record of delivering successful projects in a mechanical and electrical sub-contracting environment and who are driven, have a team player attitude, has a hands-on attitude to site activities, focused and who enjoy solving all their client's technical issues.
Electrical Project Manager Duties:
Reporting to the Operations Director to implement and deliver projects according to the budget, timescales and quality assurance in line with the client's plan. The Electrical Project Manager will be required to take ownership on delivery off several multi-million-pound projects. The initial project will be an £15 commercial project and you will be responsible for delivering on time and on budget
* Strong technical awareness of electrical services, power and lighting
* Proven track record of delivering large scale projects especially in the Data Centre, commercial and Banking sector
* Ability to work to a tight programme and ensuring deadlines and scheduled handover dates are met.
* Experience of delivering projects with average values between £5m - £20m
* Ideally with a Trade; Plumbing / Pipefitter, or Electrician background
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience of coordinating the site construction, commissioning and handover activities of Electrical projects.
* Review M&E design documentation to ensure compliance with client's specifications and relevant standards
* Work with the planner to produce short term and long-term programmes
* Evaluate and compare quotations and technical proposals
* Produce commissioning plans and supervisor commissioning activities and handover
* Lead M&E disciplines on behalf of the site-based team in co-ordination / management of M&E construction activities
Electrical Project Managers with stable work backgrounds with good access to the London area are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Electrical Project Engineers, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622